Saliva aids in food digestion, neutralizes food acids, reduces cavities, lubricates the tissues of the mouth and aids in talking.
Cavities are Preventable
- Use a soft toothbrush to reduce irritation to gums
- Drink water continually throughout the day
- Use Biotene products, i.e. gum, rinse or toothpaste
- Avoid sodium lauryl sulfate in toothpaste – try the following products:
- Avoid mouthwashes containing alcohol
- Avoid alcoholic, citrus and carbonated caffeine containing drinks
- Use a sonic-type toothbrush (Phillips or Oral B) this stimulates saliva flow
- Chew sugar free gum with xylitol after meals for 5 minutes or suck sugarless hard candies
If you have any questions, please call our office at 443-6160.